“We are still masters of our fate. We still are captains of our souls,” said Winston Churchill in World War 2. But can we control our own destiny, or is it all down to chance?
Who, or what, is in charge of history? When the author’s daily Bible readings took him to Isaiah 37-47, he found an impressive declaration and demonstration of the sovereignty of God. That’s what led to the writing of this book, which along the way seeks to answer some important questions that have puzzled people for centuries:
• What does the Bible categorically say about human origins? • Does God change his mind?
• Why did God order the killing of peoples in the Old Testament?
• Has Israel been left out of God’s purposes?
• Why bother praying?
• Was Jesus’ crucifixion simply a terrible accident? • Does God decide who is saved and who isn’t?
• What are God’s purposes in the end times?
• Does man have free will?
• Do the sign gifts operate today in God’s purposes?